Certification Industry: IT (Developer, Data, Architect)
Certificate Name: Tableau Desktop Specialist
Certificate Issuing Authority: Tableau
Certification Price: 100 USD
Certificate Validity: No Expiration
This exam is for those who have foundational skills and understanding of Tableau Desktop and at least three months of applying this understanding in the product. There are no required prerequisites for this exam.
Time Limit: 60 minutes
Question Format: Multiple choice, multiple response, hands-on
Number of Questions: 30
Scoring: Automatically scored; point value varies per question type with hands-on worth more
Passing Score: 70%
Language(s) Offered: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, German, French, Brazilian Portuguese, International Spanish
Delivery Platform: Windows Virtual Machine containing Tableau Desktop
Check out Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification Course and Practice exams on our Marketplace.
Tableau Desktop Specialist - Beginner Certification
Certification to showcase your BI skills
Let's make it simple.
1. Exam format and tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlowWQqshh8&t=766s
2. Tableau Specialist Certification Prep by Lukas Halim-Udemy (Focused mainly on Desktop Specialist syllabus)
5. Marian's blog: https://mytableaujourney.com/2018/11/18/getting-ready-for-the-tableau-desktop-specialist-exam-going-back-to-basics/
6. if you need detailed tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWZtNdMko1k&list=PLWPirh4EWFpGXTBu8ldLZGJCUeTMBpJFK...
Tableau Desktop Specialist
I recently took Tableau Desktop Specialist Exam which checks your foundational skills and your understanding of Tableau Desktop and cleared it in First Attempt.
Though if you go through the Certification Exam details it tells you that you should have at least three months of experience, but personally I don’t think having 3 months of experience is needed.
If you devote some time out of your Schedule and try your hands on the Tool, you can clear it in 1 month of preparation, which happened in my Case.
Link to the Tableau Desktop Certification Site
LES: Loyalist Exam Services manages Tableau Product Certification.
You need to create an LES Account if you are registering for the first time.
Once you have entered all your Credentials and paid the Examination Fee which is $100 for this Certification you will receive a Mail confirming that you have successfully registered for the Exam and they will provide you with a Temporary password and then you will be prompted to change it one you login for the first Time.
Just one important point here while you are registering for the Exam, make sure of the Certification Name you are planning to take, People at times make mistake with the Certification Name.
After you have changed your password you can Schedule your Exam Date, you can take the Exam within 6 months from your registration date. i.e. say you have register on 17th March 2020 you have to take the Exam before 17th September 2020. You can schedule your Exam date anytime between this Timeframe.
While Scheduling also be aware of the Time Zone.
Once you have Schedule you will again get an Email about the necessary Steps you have to follow before taking the Exam.
You can also go through the Exam Guideline which will be in the Link above.
1. Time Limit: 60 minutes
2. Total Number of Questions: 30
3. 7-8 Hands on Questions.
Around 23-22 Multiple Choice Questions, this will include both Multiple Answers to one question and also Single Answer to one question.
4. 71% is the passing Criteria
Don’t think if you have answered 22-23 questions correctly you will pass the Exam, the points are distributed based on the difficulty level of the question.
On your LES Dashboard TAKE YOUR EXAM will be active 60 seconds before the exam.
On clicking you will be re-directed to the next Screen and after few more clicks you will be connected to the proctor.
The Proctor will set up the Exam for you but before that he/she will ask you to do few Validation.
· Check your Connectivity
· Your Internet Upload and Download Speed
· Will ask you to close all the tabs from Your Google Chrome browser if opened any apart from LES login
· will ask to give a 360-degree view of your room from where you are planning to take the Exam.
· To show him/her any Government approved Photo Id, A passport will just do fine.
· You will probably be asked to adjust your screen so the proctor can see you clearly and also you are not allowed to talk or go in between the Exam.
As soon as you are done with your Exam, you will know your result.
And after some time they will send you the Certification if you score above passing creteria.
So that’s pretty much it.
Go get Certified. Best Regards....