Review By: Jagadeesh Gangishetti
Time taken to Prepare
Detailed Review Of Preparation
This is just my journey and strategy I'm sharing with you.
As you go in your journey, you will evolve.
**Disclamer: THIS ARTICLE IS ONLY FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO GET AWS ASSOCIATE LEVEL CERTIFICATE.
First of all I want to burst all the MYTHS people have around AWS Associate Developer certificate.
1. Do I need to know how to code to get this certification?
2. Will the exam test my coding skills?
3. Do I really need AWS experience?
4. Is it hard to prepare for the certificate?
5. Do I need to create the services and use them to get certified?
Ans: Its upto you. Its good to practice or watch the instructor doing so.
6. Whats my score to guide you guys?
Ans: 841/1000(I never got this score during my practise tests(trust me))
All you need is PERSEVERANCE.
Once you get the certificate, you will definitely its not that hard.
Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.
There are a lot of topics(about 50 to my knowledge). Just get to know about each one of them(as this is associate level exam).
The only rockstar teacher who can teach you best AWS courses is Stephane Maarek(Just trust him). Check his udemy course
I used to wake up daily early in the morning to study(this is my most active time) and used to pull couple of hours during office time and after coming home(As winters are cold in Michigan, I used that to my advantage by studying).
I prepared for certification in the following way.
1: Just listened to what Stephane Maarek said in the course and created the services using AWS console. Didn't think much. Just sticked myself to the content and finished round one of preparation.
2: Then started the course again by taking proper notes this time and as I reached half way throught the course, I started taking practice test and attempted only the familiar topics questions just for revision. As I progressed more in the course, I retook the practice tests after every topic so that I could able to revise my previous topics
3: After second round of study, I started taking pratice tests repeatedly untill I got good at them.
Notes taking strategy:
1. I used pages app to write my notes so that I can access it on Mac, iPad and iPhone.
2. I maintained a separate notes for numerical related questions like "KMS supports max 4kb of data for encryption" something like that
3. While taking practise tests, I used to maintain another page to write down unknown topics so that I can check them afte practice test.
Don't stop your journey by one certificate. Do as many as you can.
ALL THE BEST :)
Benefits From Certification