Review By: Sravani Kothuru
Time taken to Prepare
Detailed Review Of Preparation
I am here to share my experience and preparation for the developer exam.
Initially, when I have started the course I was a bit scared as there are multiple services to learn and know how they are implemented and I have less prior experience with AWS services. But no need to worry as we have got amazing resources, only we need to do is focus and spend time on it.
1. I have taken a course in udemy by Stephane Maarek, 29 hours of video lectures, and followed his notes.
2. Linux academy described the AWS white papers with quick short lectures.
3. It is highly recommended to go through the AWS faqs, at least for the important services, this helps us to know our understanding level of the concepts.
I also attended a few AWS online summits to know a wider understanding of AWS services that were quite interesting to know them more in real-time. We can go and register them online easily.
Jon Bonsu cheat sheets was also helpful in the final phase
Note: Do not go through all the services at a time, after every 4-5 services take a break and understand the concepts thoroughly and know how they are related to each other, making sure we are having a good understanding of the services.
1. Stephane Maarek practice exams - 6
2. Jon Bonsu practice exams -4
3. Neal Davis (Digital Cloud Training) practice exams - 6
4. Whiz labs practice exams - 6
A number of practice exams don't matter but reviewing them properly is important. Jon Bonsu and Neal Davis have given a very detailed explanation, please try to go through that as it helps us to know how to break the questions, understand and relate them to the services. I almost spent 2 hours reviewing the answers for every exam.
Note: It is very important to review your exam thoroughly not only the wrong ones but the right ones also as this helps in the regular revision of concepts and making sure we are in the correct path.
Usually, when preparing for any exam it is important to understand the concepts and how they can be used in real-times rather than memorizing the concepts.
One of the challenges usually we face even during practice exams is, all the options might serve the purpose but in the question, they will be very specific to one functionality or service. So try to identify the keywords and the specific outcome or task they are looking for so that we can easily eliminate few options. And this can be mastered during practice exams.
1. Go by eliminating the wrong answers, highly recommended.
2. Identify the keywords.
3. If you are not confident, please mark them you can come back and review any time.
4. Stay focused.
1. Don't be worried if you are seeing tough questions.
2. Don't be in a rush or hurry to finish the exam.
That's all guys if we are focused and spend some time on this we can clear the exam easily.
All the best to all who are taking the exams.
Benefits From Certification