Detailed Review Of Preparation
My path to certification was pretty simple - aim to learn the technology, master it, hands-on with it. The moment I felt confident enough on my preparation, I booked the certification, gave GCP Architect Practice test and went for it.
- Do the set of 6 courses under the GCP Architect specialisation on Coursera @ https://www.coursera.org/professional-certificates/gcp-cloud-architect (they really helped me set the basics, and I did alot of hands-on via exercises)
- When you perform labs as part of above courses, don't look to complete the lab, but look how you can learn as you work on them
- Do as many quests on Qwiklabs.com and labs on Qwiklabs.com w.r.t GCP (I did few Qwiklabs independant labs, few Quests and also participated in a few Qwiklabs contests)
- Give the practice test as on https://cloud.google.com/certification/practice-exam/cloud-architect
- I also did practice tests on Whizlabs (helped a bit but I can say they aren't really important - an optional)
The real exam has questions with real-life scenarios and how would an experienced Architect / GCP Architect act on such situations.