Review By: Raghav Arora
Time taken to Prepare
Detailed Review Of Preparation
I started preparing for CKAD in January 2020 and had some hands-on already on Kubernetes and Helm before I started actual preparation for certification.
Though I did a course on Udemy by Mumshad for CKAD at https://udemy.com/course/certified-kubernetes-application-developer. Wonderful course with hands-on exercises.
I did the exercises about 2-3 times to quicken my speed and also did exercises on https://github.com/dgkanatsios/CKAD-exercises
And few random exercises on internet to do more hands-on practices.
- Exam is of 19 questions and you need to be really quick to complete all of them - try using imperative commands and less of yaml from scratch
- Prepare you vim settings as 1st step to avoid using lot of "spacebar" clicks
- Don't spend much time on questions with low weightage
- Mark the questions in provided notepad and come back to them if any question takes more than 10 minutes.
- Trust yourself and don't revalidate each and everything. Make use of commands like "kubectl get logs", "kubectl get po,deploy,..." instead of describe and get -oyaml everytime unless you are troubleshooting something.
- You can open 1 chrome tab with kubernetes.io docs and blogs - so bookmark all the links you may need.
This should be enough to clear the exam.
All the best - remember the test is not that difficult but it validates your confidence on Kubernetes, your speed, accuracy.
Benefits From Certification