Microsoft Azure Certifications
Microsoft doesn't make it easy when it comes to certifications. There is always a change in how the certifications are handled by Microsoft. The company has released role-based certifications for: Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate, and Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert. Below are roles suggested by Microsoft:
- Solution Architect
- Functional Consultant
These new role-based certifications are structured and aligned by Job Task Analysis. The new certification paths are modular and link with core infrastructure skills in Windows Server.
Azure Certification Levels
No matter what role it is, to become Microsoft Azure certified one needs to start from the basics. The path suggested by Microsoft is Fundamental Certifications followed by Associate Certifications and finally Expert Certifications
- AZ-900 Exam - Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: This is a new certification, designed to demonstrate foundation level knowledge of Azure-based cloud services. It is geared toward people in non-technical roles, such as sales and purchasing, or for those in technical roles looking to validate foundation level knowledge in cloud services.
- AZ-103 Exam - Microsoft Azure Administrator: Candidates for this exam are Azure Administrators who manage cloud services that span storage, security, networking, and compute cloud capabilities. Candidates have a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle, and take requests for infrastructure services, applications, and environments. They make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources as appropriate. Candidates for this exam should have proficiency in using PowerShell, the Command Line Interface, Azure Portal, ARM templates, operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking.
- AZ-203 Exam - Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure: This certification is designed to demonstrate developer-level knowledge of how to design, build, test, and maintain cloud solutions like applications and services. It also tests the ability to partner with cloud solution architects, cloud DBAs, cloud administrators, and clients to implement these solutions. It is designed for those in developer and technical roles looking to validate development and implementation knowledge in cloud services.
- AZ-301 Exam - Microsoft Azure Architect Design: Candidates for this exam are Azure Solution Architects who advise stakeholders and translates business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. Candidates should have advanced experience and knowledge across various aspects of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, budgeting, and governance. This role requires managing how decisions in each area affects an overall solution. Candidates must be proficient in Azure administration, Azure development, and DevOps, and have expert-level skills in at least one of those domains.
- AZ-500 Exam - Microsoft Azure Security Technologies: Candidates for this exam are Microsoft Azure security engineers who implement security controls, maintain the security posture, manages identity and access, and protects data, applications, and networks. Candidates identify and remediate vulnerabilities by using a variety of security tools, implements threat protection, and responds to security incident escalations. As a Microsoft Azure security engineer, candidates often serve as part of a larger team dedicated to cloud-based management and security and may also secure hybrid environments as part of an end-to-end infrastructure. Candidates for this exam should have strong skills in scripting and automation, a deep understanding of networking, virtualization, and cloud N-tier architecture, and a strong familiarity with cloud capabilities, Microsoft Azure products and services, and other Microsoft products and services.
- AZ-300 Exam - Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies: Candidates for this exam are Azure Solution Architects who advise stakeholders and translates business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. Candidates should have advanced experience and knowledge across various aspects of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, budgeting, and governance. This role requires managing how decisions in each area affects an overall solution. Candidates must be proficient in Azure administration, Azure development, and DevOps, and have expert-level skills in at least one of those domains.
- AZ-400 Exam - Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions: Candidates for this exam are DevOps professionals who combine people, process, and technologies to continuously deliver valuable products and services that meet end user needs and business objectives. DevOps professionals streamline delivery by optimizing practices, improving communications and collaboration, and creating automation. They design and implement strategies for application code and infrastructure that allow for continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, and continuous monitoring and feedback. Candidates must be proficient with Agile practices. They must be familiar with both Azure administration and Azure development and experts in at least one of these areas. Azure DevOps professionals must be able to design and implement DevOps practices for version control, compliance, infrastructure as code, configuration management, build, release, and testing by using Azure technologies.
Continue exploring other cloud and IT certifications