Why Google launched its Cloud services?
After Amazon’s (AWS) launch of cloud computing services in 2006, Google also made its entry into the cloud services after 2 years, in 2008.
Cloud computing is not only changing how businesses store and access data, but also changing how many of these businesses operate. They no longer have to worry about scalability or performance during peak times.
Large businesses have an advantage when it comes to the cloud as they can save more in the long run by adopting a well-architected framework. Large corporations often go for a multi-cloud model to not depend on one cloud provider.
One of the great things about the cloud is that even small and medium-sized operations can benefit from it. Business no longer have to worry about IT infrastructures. If the system is architected properly, it helps you reduce operational costs in the longer run.
While the Google Cloud Platform is a more recent offering than some of its competitors, it draws on years of experience running Google’s massive internal infrastructure and exposes a streamlined set of solution-focused capabilities to help you build great systems. Google has created a track for IT professionals to certify as a cloud architect on the GCP platform.
Why Should you go for Google Cloud Certification?
- 87% of Google Cloud-certified individuals are more confident about their cloud skills.
- Professional Cloud Architect was the highest paying certification of 2020 and 2019.
- More than 1 in 4 of Google Cloud-certified individuals took on more responsibility or leadership roles at work.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), which has contributed to the world’s change and development. Google helped in crossing political, cultural, and social boundaries to bring real before the people. Now, Google is facilitating the process of learning and development of an information system.
Google Cloud Platform has been used by most Fortune 500 companies as it is easy to use, no issue with availability, comfortable to use, and added features that support the data recording, processing, updating, and analysis process.
That’s why students/beginners and professionals worldwide prefer GCP(Googe cloud platform) certification. It has become the preference of reputed companies that can offer better pay and job security in the present-day world, where job markets face complete chaos.
Google Cloud certification demonstrates proficiency using Google Cloud products and solutions. It shows that a service provider or prospective employee can manage and execute Google Cloud technologies into a company’s workflow.
These skills are highly sought after and may lead to improved job prospects and salary.
“Certification is a commitment to a profession and makes you stand out in the corporate world”
Which Google cloud certification is right for you?
Google Cloud Platform offers multiple certifications, from Associate Cloud Engineer to Professional Cloud Architect.
Going through Google, searching, and reading all the way can be overwhelming, and after all this effort, we are still not sure if we would get the answer to which Google Cloud certification to go for.
You need to follow the below steps to make the most of the career-journey feature:
Step 1: Select your difficulty level
Step 2: Select the available roles applicable or your area of interest
You can check the tool for GCP certifications here.
Career journey tool for your learning path:
What is the entry-level GCP certification?
For a beginner, you should start from Google Associate Cloud Engineer.
This certification is a good starting point for those new to the cloud and can be used as a path to professional-level certifications.
Google Associate Cloud Engineer Exam Details:
- Certification Price: 125 USD
- Certificate Validity: 2 years
- The exam format is multiple choice and multiple select.
- The exam has no prerequisites.
- This exam must be taken in-person at one of their testing centre locations.
- The time length of the exam is 2 hours.
- The exam is conducted in English, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German.
The Associate Cloud Engineer certification assesses your ability to:
- Set up a cloud solution environment
- Plan and configure a cloud solution
- Deploy and implement a cloud solution
- Ensure the successful operation of a cloud solution
- Configure access and security
For Scheduling your exam, you must log in with your existing Google Cloud Web assessor account to see the catalogue and register for an exam.
If you do not have a Google Cloud Web assessor account, you can create a new account: https://www.webassessor.com/googlecloud/.
In the next blog, we’ll talk about detailed level preparation tips for GCP Associate Cloud Engineer. So stay tuned! Meanwhile, you can read a condensed version below.
How to prepare for GCP Associate Cloud Engineer?
Some of the free resources you can use for the preparation are:
- Official Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer Study Guide
- Google Cloud Platform Documentation
- Google Cloud Engineer Practice Exam
We would suggest you get comfortable with the exam patterns and Questions, and the best way to do that is to take practice exams and online training or resources provided by Google itself.
Practice exams will help you get a taste of what GCP exams are like and what kind of preparation is needed and will help you successfully pass the Certifications.
We encourage you to pass the Google Cloud Certification exam on the first attempt and strongly believe that these practice exams will actually make a difference.
You can also go through various preparation journeys of certified professionals and connect with them via LinkedIn; this will give you a nice outlook of how-to and from where to start.
Time taken to prepare for GCP Associate Cloud Engineer:
If you are a working professional, we would suggest devoting at least 2-3 hours every day for 2 months before taking the exam. You must also do hands-on labs using QwikLabs or others before appearing for the real test.
Types of google cloud certifications:
The associate-level GCP certification is focused on the fundamental skills of deploying, monitoring, and maintaining projects on Google Cloud.
Professional certifications span key technical job roles and assess advanced skills in design, implementation, and management.
- Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE): ACE is an associate-level certification among available Google Cloud Certifications. The candidate deploys applications, monitors operations, and manages enterprise solutions. He or she can use Google Cloud Console and the command line to complete common platform-based tasks. An ACE also maintains one or more deployed solutions that use either Google or self-managed services in the Google Cloud environment.
- Professional Cloud Architect (PCA): PCA enables organizations to make effective and efficient use of Google Cloud technologies. This certification is intended for cloud architects who want to build complex cloud solutions and services using GCP. PCAs must develop a thorough understanding of cloud architecture in general and the Google Cloud Platform in particular. Those who hold this credential can design, develop and manage dynamic Google Cloud Platform solutions to meet business objectives that are robust, secure, scalable, and highly available.
- Professional Data Engineer (PDE): PDE focuses more on analyzing and using data stored in the Google Cloud Platform rather than in designing, deploying, or maintaining such environments as with the ACE and the PCA. PDE is meant for Data Engineers who want to design and build data collecting and processing machine learning models on GCP. As such, PDE supports and facilitates data-driven decision-making based on collecting, transforming, and visualizing data. The PDE curriculum and exam puts particular emphasis on ensuring that such data processing systems are secure, reliable, and fault-tolerant, as well as scalable, accurate, and efficient.
- Professional Cloud Developer (PCD): PCD is ideal for software developers who want to build full-stack scalable applications on GCP. Candidates should possess the skills necessary to successfully integrate GCP services and conduct application performance monitoring. Candidates should have the knowledge to successfully use Stackdriver to debug, trace code, and produce metrics. Proficiency in at least one general programming language is also recommended.
- Professional Cloud Network Engineer (CNE): A CNE manages and implements network architectures using GCP. You should do this certification if you want to design, implement and manage network architectures on GCP. In addition to GCP, successful candidates should be skilled in working with technologies such as hybrid connectivity, network architecture security, VPCs, network services, and the GCP Console command-line interface.
- Professional Cloud Security Engineer (CSE): This certification is aimed at security engineers who want to build, implement and maintain security services, also secure your company’s cloud infrastructure by using GCP security technologies. An expert-level credential, CSEs are well-versed in industry security requirements, regulations, best practices, and security-related topics and technologies, such as identity and access management, data protection using GCP, configuring security at the network level, analyzing logs, managing incidents, and recommending organization-wide security policies. CSEs also possess the skills necessary to design, implement and manage secure infrastructures on GCP.
- Collaboration Engineer (PCE): This is the next level in becoming a G Suite specialist and taking up this exam. A PCE transforms business objectives into tangible configurations, policies, and security practices as they relate to users, content, and integrations. Google suggests at least 3+ years of industry experience and 1+ years of G Suite administration.
- Professional DevOps Engineer(PDE): A Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer is responsible for efficient development operations that can balance service reliability and delivery speed. They are skilled at using Google Cloud Platform to build software delivery pipelines, deploy and monitor services, and manage and learn from incidents. The Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer exam assesses your ability to Apply site reliability engineering principles to a service,+Optimize service performance, Implement service monitoring strategies, Build and implement CI/CD pipelines for a service, and Manage service incidents.
- Professional Machine Learning Engineer(MLE): A Professional Machine Learning Engineer designs builds, and productions ML models to solve business challenges using Google Cloud technologies and knowledge of proven ML models and techniques. The ML Engineer is proficient in all aspects of model architecture, data pipeline interaction, and metrics interpretation and needs familiarity with application development, infrastructure management, data engineering, and security. The Professional Machine Learning Engineer exam assesses your ability to Frame ML problems, Architect ML solutions, Prepare and process data, Develop ML models, Automate & orchestrate ML pipelines, Monitor, optimize, and maintain ML solutions.
Who is ReviewNprep, and how is it helping you in your cloud computing journey?
Review N Prep came into existence from our struggles to get the right answers when preparing for certifications in our areas of interest.
There is a lot of information scattered on the internet, and with so many resources, it became hard to navigate and read through it all.
We have a dedicated community of certified professionals focused on helping out beginners as well as working professionals.
This group of individuals have gone through their own certification journeys and are working with us to help us keep the reviews and our website genuine, authentic, and always fresh.
Our mission is to help fellow future ‘certificants’ make optimal use of their time and resources. We spend quality time reaching out to our reviewers and ensuring that the reviews are always helpful.
Our Preparation Journeys are contributed by certified Google Cloud community members to help each other – You can be a part of it as well!📌
Let your certification speak for you:
Show your technical skills and ability. Get Google Cloud Certified and tell the world that you possess the ability to design, develop, manage, and administer application infrastructure and data solutions on Google Cloud.
GCP certification is the most recommended certification that has been favoured by every professional to achieve a better job position & job promotion in their career.
It has helped present-day youth achieve their dream job in well-established companies with higher career growth chances.
A GCP-certified professional earns higher advantages and preferences than others. Google cloud certification can be one of the best professional certificates that every techie student or professional should strive for.
While Google cloud certification can be one of the best professional certificates, one should also check out AWS and Azure when starting with your cloud journey, it can help you decide which certification is right for you.
AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform offer broadly similar basic capabilities around flexible compute, storage and networking. They all share the common elements of a public cloud-like self-service and instant provisioning, autoscaling, plus security, compliance and identity management features.
Thanks for your time!
We hope we were of some help; leave us a “Review” let us know. And if you have any doubt or question troubling you, feel free to ask us in our forums. We would love to interact.