The new fundamental-level certification on Azure for security, identity, and compliance management is making news.
Many aspiring candidates are looking for a reliable SC-900 study guide.
So, what is so special about this new SC-900 certification?
Cloud security is quite significant for safeguarding all the computing environments, data, and applications hosted on cloud platforms. At the same time, cloud identity and Compliance are also important requirements for cloud security.
Cloud identity management helps in verifying the authenticity of users, and Compliance ensures that a cloud application follows all the internal and external applicable rules.
Microsoft Azure is a leading cloud platform, and many professionals are interested in pursuing Azure certifications for security, Compliance, and identity.
The SC-900 certification gives the perfect opportunity for such candidates, thereby increasing their interest in an SC-900 exam preparation guide.
The following discussion will present a comprehensive preparation guide to help you understand the SC-900 exam effectively:
Readers could also find out the best practices to prepare for the exam and improve their chances of qualifying.
Enroll Now: SC-900 Online CourseCheck out the intro video below. Use RNP10 for 10% off on this course.
Who should take Microsoft SC-900 Certification?
SC-900 is an entry-level certification. The target audience includes business stakeholders, new or existing IT professionals, or students having an interest in Microsoft’s
- Security solutions
- Compliance solutions
- Identity solutions
As per Microsoft, to achieve this certification – “Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 and understand how Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions can span across these solution areas to provide a holistic and end-to-end solution.”
Why Pursue Microsoft SC-900 Certification?
The size of the worldwide cloud security market is expected to reach around $68.5 billion by the year 2025. At the same time, the industry also faces the threat of more sophisticated cyber attacks alongside pressing concerns for maintaining Compliance with new regulations.
The average cost of a single data breach in the United States amounted to almost $7.9 million.
Now, it is clearly evident that Microsoft Azure also takes a stand on security, identity, and Compliance because it is the second-largest public cloud service provider.
The Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity fundamentals or SC-900 certification provide a basic platform to start exploring the security ecosystem factors in detail.
The fundamental-level Azure security, compliance, and identity certification can give opportunities to pursue the roles of Azure Security Engineer.
The most favorable factor for the SC-900 certification refers to the salary of Azure Security Engineers.
When you find a pay-stub of almost $126,732 on an average annually, there’s some reason to be excited about an SC-900 study guide.
Now, you have a clear impression of the reasons to pursue Azure SC-900 certification. So, it is reasonable to start learning more about the certification to understand it comprehensively in detail.
What to Know About the Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals Certification?
The foremost information that you should learn about Azure Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals certification is the SC-900 certification exam – It is the sole exam in the certification path for Azure Security, Compliance, and Identity fundamentals.
The SC-900 refers to the code for the ‘Microsoft Security, Compliance and Identity Fundamentals’ exam.
By qualifying for the one exam, you can earn the Microsoft Certified:
Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals certification.
Although the SC-900 certification is tailored for business professionals, students, and cloud professionals, it is important to observe the eligibility criteria for the exams.
Prerequisites for Microsoft Azure SC-900 Certification
Interestingly, Microsoft Azure has not set any mandatory prerequisites for the SC-900 certification.
While it is a good thing to encourage more participants to try the certification exam, candidates could score a competitive advantage with prior knowledge and experience in certain areas.
Any candidate looking for an SC-900 study guide would look for the prerequisites recommended for the exam. It is reasonable to know your level of preparedness for a particular certification before starting your preparation journey.
Here is an outline of the specific areas of knowledge and experience required for SC-900 certification:
● Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 platforms
● Detailed understanding of the breadth of security, Compliance, and identity in these platforms
● Capabilities for leveraging their knowledge of security, Compliance, and identity to develop holistic and end-to-end solutions
Basic Details About the SC-900
- The SC-900 certification exam would include around 40-60 questions. Therefore, candidates need to put in the extra effort for solving questions faster with accuracy.
- Candidates should also be aware of the type of questions in the exam through an SC-900 study guide.
- The format of questions on Microsoft Azure certification exams keeps changing with innovative testing technologies and new question types.
- However, candidates can expect multiple-choice questions as well as case studies and scenario-based single response questions.
- Another promising piece of information you should note in a preparation guide for the SC-900 exam is the variety of languages it is available. The choice of language is also Significant as it can help in resolving the language barrier for Azure SC-900 certification.
- Candidates could appear for the SC-900 certification exam in ten different languages –
- They include English, French, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish and Korean. The SC-900 exam is also available in Arabic, albeit in Saudi Arabia only.
- The minimum score for qualifying for the SC-900 Certification exam is 700.
Topics Covered in the Azure SC-900 Certification
The SC-900 exam includes four different skill domains, with each focusing on different concepts in Azure security, Compliance, and identity.
Candidates with a detailed awareness of all topics in the exam can create good preparation strategies and select suitable resources. The overview of all topics is one of the expert tips for the SC-900 exam as it helps in overcoming doubts about the exam.
Let us find out more about the topics you find in the SC-900 exam.
Domains of SC-900: Microsoft Azure Security, Compliance and Identity Fundamentals Exam
The Microsoft Azure Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals exam or SC-900 has four specific domains.
Each domain has a different weightage with a different set of subtopics.
Domain 1: Concepts of Security, Compliance, and Identity
The first module in the SC-900 exam features a weightage of around 5% to 10%. It includes the following subtopics,
● Security methodologies
● Security concepts
● Principles of Microsoft Security and Compliance
Domain 2: Features of Microsoft Identity and Access Management Solutions
The second module in an SC-900 study guide features around 25% to 30% of questions in the exam. The subtopics in this domain include:
● Identity concepts or principles
● Fundamental identity services and identity variants on Azure AD
● Authentication features of Azure AD
● Access management features of Azure AD
● Identity protection and governance features of Azure AD
Domain 3: Features of Microsoft Security Solutions
The next domain is quite significant in the SC-900 exam preparation guide because it weighs for almost 30% to 35% of questions in the exam. The weightage shows how the domain is crucial for qualifying for the certification exam.
Here are the subtopics covered in this domain:
● Fundamental security functionalities in Azure
● Azure security management features
● Azure Sentinel security features
● Using Microsoft 365 Defender for threat protection
● Microsoft 365 security management features
● Microsoft Intune endpoint security
Domain 4: Microsoft Compliance Solutions Features
The final domain in an SC-900 study guide is also a significant requirement for qualifying for the certification exam. It features a weightage of almost 25% to 30% in the SC-900 certification exam and includes the following topics:
● Microsoft compliance management features
● Microsoft 365 features for information protection and governance
● Microsoft 365 insider risk functionalities
● Microsoft 365 eDiscovery features
● Microsoft 365 audit capabilities
● Azure resource governance features
Best Practices to Prepare for SC-900 Exam
Aspiring candidates could not just start reading every book. They get to cover all topics in the SC-900 exam skills outline.
Once you have the confidence to start following a preparation guide for the SC-900 exam, you need to implement your efforts according to expert advice.
You can get started with your preparations for the SC-900 exam without any difficulties by following the tips mentioned below:
● Familiarize with the Exam
Candidates should understand all the topics covered in the exam skills outline for the SC-900 exam. As a result, they could identify suitable learning materials for each topic. This can save them a lot of effort in
finding out the relevant resources for supporting their preparations.
● Use Microsoft Learning
With a clear idea of all the details about the exam, you can look for moving to the next stage of the SC-900 preparation guide.
You need credible learning resources for building a clear foundation for success in qualifying for the exam. Microsoft Learning gives official resources that can help in preparing for SC-900 with reflection on different aspects of Azure security, Compliance, and identity.
The official recommended learning paths for the SC-900 exam on the official certification page give a prolific advantage to all learners. The learning paths are divided into different parts for helping you in flexible learning.
Learning paths recommended for the SC-900 exam can improve your command over the fundamentals of Azure security, Compliance, and identity. With the help of Microsoft learning paths, candidates could
discover the perfect start to their SC-900 preparations.
● Go for Official Documentation Only
If you thought Microsoft only has learning paths, you need to think twice. The official Microsoft documentation about security, Compliance, and identity gives the ideal tools for navigating the massive body of knowledge pertaining to the concepts.
The official documentation allows candidates to explore the technical content relevant to their SC-900 study guide. The official Microsoft documentation also allows the flexibility of selecting resources according to roles, topics, products, job roles, and experience level.
● Training Courses are Helpful
Candidates preparing for Microsoft Azure SC-900 certification could also get the benefit of competitive advantage in their preparations through training courses. There are various professional certification training providers with a wide array of online courses.
Here is a great video course to help you get started.
It is also essential to look for interactive exercises and engaging demo videos with the training courses to ensure a better quality of learning.
Most important of all, choose a training course which allows you some room to breathe. It can be difficult to concentrate on your preparation when you have to complete the course within a specific time.
● Practice Tests Can Test You – Important!
It is true that practice is the key factor of success in professional certification exams. So, you need to make the most of practice tests for the SC-900 exam for evaluating your preparations.
Practice tests feature similar formats to the actual exam and encourage the confidence of candidates. Regular practice with practice tests for the SC-900 exam can help candidates familiarize themselves with the exam format.
In addition, they can also showcase how the candidates perform in different domains of the exam. Therefore, practice tests are always necessary to add the finishing touch to your preparations.
Check out : Why DevOps became a buzzword?
Experts Tips for SC-900 Certification Exam
● Make sure that you plan your preparations well ahead of the date of examination with adequate time for practice.
● Complete the recommended Microsoft Azure learning paths for the SC-900 exam.
● Focus more on the Azure Security Concepts, Azure AD, Azure Sentinel Security Features, Microsoft 365, Identity Features, and Principles of Microsoft Security and Compliance.
● Use hands-on practice labs to your advantage for practicing with all concepts in the SC-900 exam.
● Review all the exam questions carefully and do not spend too much time on a particular question.
● Check all your answers carefully before the final submission, if you have the time.
● Take care of your health and mental peace during your preparations and the exam.
Candidates who are aspiring for the SC-900 certification have to understand its long-term implications for their career in Azure. The certification opens up the gate to various career opportunities in cloud security, and one could pursue lucrative career opportunities by investing their dedication in preparing for the SC-900 exam. Follow the best practices recommended by experts after reviewing the exam details carefully. A detailed understanding of the weightage and subtopics is important when preparing for the SC-900 exam, as it can help in determining the areas where you have to focus more on your preparations. It is highly important to maintain accountability to your preparation schedule for a winning chance. So, start your preparation now to become a Microsoft Certified Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals!
Should I use dumps for SC-900 exam?
Although nothing is stopping you from using dumps, it all comes down to what is your end goal!
Remember, dumps will not help you in your real job or clear an interview or, for that matter, give you an understanding of the concepts. If you do not put in your 100%, you will not succeed long term. So, say no to dumps and use Practice Exams instead.
Check out marketplace.reviewnprep.com for all your Azure Practice Exams needs.
Don’t forget to check out Our Preparation Journeys that are contributed by certified professionals aka community members to help each other – You can be a part of it as well!
Have questions? Participate in discussions on our Forums.
[…] Check out: SC-900 Study Guide […]