The doubt regarding the choice of a certification course is one of the first steps in your cloud computing career. Many entry-level cloud computing jobs require experience, thereby creating difficulties for entering the domain of cloud computing. Demand for cloud skills is at an all-time high!
However, a cloud certification helps you cross the initial barriers and find your way to desired career opportunities. On the other hand, it is difficult for aspiring candidates to choose a particular certification, especially with so many cloud service providers in the market.
The common names you are likely to come across in your search for a professional cloud certification provider include AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
So, you can clearly notice how beginners can be confused about choosing cloud certification providers? Let us find out the answers to one of the most common questions regarding career for every cloud computing beginner.
Read Now: Top Tech Trends in 2021
Are Cloud Certifications worth it?
According to the International Data Corporation or IDC, the global public cloud service market exhibited a 24.1% year-over-year growth rate in 2020.
Apparently, the assortment of all IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and System Infrastructure as a Service (SISaaS) cloud services worldwide amassed revenues amounting to almost $312 billion.
According to Gartner, the expenses on the cloud market in 2021 could reach almost $304.9 billion, escalating from the $257.5 billion mark in 2020.
Are Cloud Computing Jobs in Demand?
Almost half of all companies in the world would use cloud services in some or another form by 2021. Therefore, spending your time and efforts to achieve cloud computing skills could offer better job prospects with high salaries.
A cloud certification could be your gateway to some of the most in-demand cloud computing job roles.
Here is an outline of a few notable job roles in cloud computing that enterprises highly seek:
Cloud Software Engineer: Average annual salary- $112,897
Cloud Administrator: Average annual salary- $70,501
Cloud Solutions Architect: Average annual salary- $145,820
Cloud Consultant: Average annual salary- $109,553
Cloud Security Analyst: Average annual salary- $119,198
As you can see, there are a lot of career opportunities in the field. Cloud computing is one of the notable areas with high investment potential for IT professionals worldwide. Therefore, companies need talent which could match their expectations and financial investments in various public cloud service provider and landscapes.
A cloud certification provider could help you obtain the necessary skills sought after by IT decision-makers. Cloud certifications can make a massive difference in the career of a cloud professional. The certificate makes the resume of a candidate stand out in the hiring process while ensuring better pay.
Are you a novice aspiring to build a career in cloud computing? Check the fundamental level cloud computing certifications for beginners now!
Top Cloud Certifications
When you have made up your mind to pursue a cloud computing career, you might look for certifications. However, the three major cloud providers create a very controversial situation for any beginner. The cloud battle between AWS Vs Azure Vs Google Cloud is getting attraction with the rise in the cloud business.
Seamless Service offerings from various public cloud providers are making the cloud environment competitive, making it tricky for users and beginners to choose between AWS vs Azure vs Google.
Whether you should choose AWS certifications or the ones by Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud, the best certification provider to start with can be quite confusing. So, let us take an overview of the three notable platforms and the value of their cloud certifications.
Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services is the cloud computing market leader. Its early launch of cloud computing services in 2006 gave it a competitive advantage.
Check out: All About AWS Certifications
Therefore, a trustworthy AWS certification could help you develop your IT skills and knowledge for cloud-based job roles. AWS certifications’ primary aim focuses on assessing your cloud skills for addressing the concerned job role.
The certifications are tailored for individual in-demand cloud-based job roles and help enterprises develop effective teams for cloud adoption by leveraging AWS.
The specialty certifications offered in the AWS certification program could also spell unique career opportunities for individuals and teams.
Benefits of an AWS Certification
- The dominance of AWS over the cloud computing market is the foremost reason to choose an AWS certification. As a matter of fact, AWS provides different cloud computing functionalities, including hosting a small website or entire data center operations. Therefore, the certification could help you find your way to a lot of workplaces.
- The following important reason for choosing AWS certifications refers to the proof of advanced skills. The certifications help in showcasing your specialized skills for recognizing and resolving complex challenges associated with AWS.
- Global recognition for AWS certification and lucrative salary prospects could also encourage cloud computing beginners to pursue AWS certification.
- The addition of an AWS certification to your resume can help deliver a positive impact on potential employers. Certified candidates can catch the attention of hiring managers more easily than non-certified ones.
- Another important advantage of AWS as a cloud certification provider is the facility for becoming members of AWS Partner Network or APN. Organizations that have AWS-certified professionals could easily find opportunities for obtaining membership in the APN. APN members could receive some credible benefits such as concession for training.
Check Now: Which AWS certification is Right for You
The next common choice among cloud computing certifications would take you to Azure certifications. AWS is definitely the market topper in cloud computing. However, Microsoft Azure is slowly catching up to AWS as the levels of Azure adoption among enterprises have increased substantially.
The radical push of Microsoft Azure into the enterprise space has propelled the growth of Microsoft Azure adoption. In addition, Microsoft Azure also accounts for a vital choice for hybrid deployments. Most important of all, it could facilitate easy integration with all enterprise solutions of Microsoft.
Benefits of an Azure certification
- Microsoft Azure offers a wide range of cloud certification paths to choose from. Starting from an Azure Fundamentals certification to Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification, you have the flexibility to choose your role. The 12 different certification exams classified into a role-based structure give adequate flexibility for making your cloud computing career choices.
- The well-positioned growth of Microsoft Azure in the public cloud services market is also another beneficial highlight. It is competing well with its competitors, thereby drawing more attention towards Microsoft Azure.
- The ease of understanding and learning Microsoft Azure is also another prolific benefit for Microsoft Azure certified professionals. With just a basic knowledge of tools in Microsoft Azure, professionals could know about advanced concepts such as Operational Insights and Azure Automation.
Check Now: Microsoft Azure Beginner’s Guide
Google Cloud Platform
The name of Google Cloud certifications would obviously come up in discussions surrounding cloud certifications. The GCP certifications focus on the evaluation of skills and abilities of candidates for transforming businesses through Google Cloud technology.
Google Cloud Platform includes references to the assortment of cloud computing services running on the same infrastructure as other Google solutions.
In addition, GCP also delivers additional tools and services required for infrastructure management, network configuration, and server provisioning.
Similarly, GCP also features many other modular cloud services such as machine learning, data storage, computing, data analytics, and application development.
A Google cloud certification could open up many reliable prospects for pursuing roles such as cloud administrators, developers, and consultants.
Also Check: Google Cloud Certifications for Beginners
Benefits that you can get from GCP certifications
- Google Cloud Platform offers a simple and organized certification path, including eight different certifications. Google Cloud certifications are classified into two categories as Associate and Professional certification. The diversity of job roles to explore with GCP certifications is a prolific advantage for your career choices.
- Even if AWS is the market leader in cloud computing, Google Cloud could offer the ideal platform for unique developments in your career. For example, the developments by Google Cloud in ML and artificial learning applications in the cloud could signify rapid growth for Google Cloud in the future.
- The career benefits of choosing Google Cloud as your cloud certification provider would be evident in better salary packages.
- In 2019 and 2020, the Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect certification was the topmost IT certification in terms of salary. The average salary estimate of almost $175,000 points out the lucrative prospects of pursuing a cloud computing career with Google Cloud certification.
- GCP enables faster collaboration among all users, thereby enabling multiple users to access and edit projects simultaneously.
- The integrated services on Google Cloud Platform also make it an important reason for pursuing Google Cloud certifications. The platform allows the use of different APIs, IoT, big data analytics, AI and ML, Storage, developer tools, security, and databases concurrently.
Therefore, comprehensive cloud expertise is just a step away from pursuing the Google Cloud certification of your choice.
Final Verdict – Go MULTI CLOUD!!
The choice of cloud certification provider is quite difficult, with so many prominent value advantages with each cloud provider.
The most critical factors for selecting cloud certifications to start with include:
- Your technical background.
- Professional experience.
- The sector you are planning to work in.
- Long-term career goals.
There is a lot of overlap in all the cloud platform offerings. So, if you start with one cloud platform, it becomes relatively easier to grasp the other one as well. Most multi-national companies these days are opting for multi-cloud architecture. It goes without saying that your career trajectory should follow the same trend – MULTI CLOUD!!
Interestingly, the gradually increasing popularity of the multi-cloud approach opens the avenues for exploring different cloud certification providers. As of now, AWS is one of the most mature cloud certification providers, albeit with increasing levels of competition from Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. In the end, the selection of cloud certifications rounds up to an individual’s personal preferences and career objectives. Go ahead and make your choice now!
ReviewNPrep’s community of users helps each other with career journeys and identifies trends and latest resources through valuable discussion forums.
AWS Courses and Practice Exams
Azure Courses and Practice Exams