Preparation Tips for PSM II
I did a lot of research while preparing for PSM-II but to my disappointment, there wasn’t much guidance available on how to prepare apart from the reading suggestions mentioned in Scrum.org which directs you towards Scrum guide and Nexus guide. So, I decided to pen down my journey for PSM-II preparation.
My Recommendations for PSM-II
1. First and foremost, have a read at Overview of PSM-II provided by Scrum.org. It will provide you with an insight on what to expect from the certificate.
3. Next step would be to validate your understanding of these guides by going through Scrum and Nexus Open Assessments. Make sure you practice them until you get 100% in back to back exams a couple of times.
4. Understanding the importance of Scrum Values is a key. There’s value in the Scrum Values is a great article that explains the scrum values in a way that makes them relatable.
6. Questions related to Coaching & Facilitation form a big part of the assessment and therefore, I would recommend having a read at Scrum Master: The Master of the Art of Facilitation, The Scrum Master as a Facilitator , The Scrum Master as a coach and Scrum Master is the Master of Coaching
7. I had to google a lot to find some practice test and here is my list of limited free test repository:
- Mikhail Lapshin offers 80 questions that would help you with your PMS-I concepts. Remember, you cannot pass PSM-II without having a strong Scrum foundation
- Certbus offers 6 free PSM-II tests that are on similar lines with actual test
- Dumpsout also lets you download a demo test that would give you a taster of what to expect in the main exam
- Udemy ‘s PSM-II exam similar costs only £30 but gives you a feel of what real exam would look like. I would highly recommend doing it as this will help you identify your areas of improvement
8. Personally, I would suggest taking the Scrum.org PSM II exam only if you have hands-on experience of Scrum Master role as no amount of reading can make-up for the working experience. If you still don’t feel ready enough to take the test attend one of the PMS-II training classes. I am afraid that I cannot recommend any as I did not attend one.
Hope these recommendations provides you with enough clarity to prepare for the exam.
I wish you good luck for your journey
All the best!
Have questions? Participate in PSM discussions on our Forums. Click here.
Author: Swati Vashisht is an Associate Manager – Scrum Master with experience in Financial services, Retail Pharmaceutical and Public Sector. You can connect with her on LinkedIn.