I started my cloud journey in 2019 when I heard so much about different cloud providers and I decided to start with Amazon Cloud.
There were a lot of comparisons between Amazon Web Services and other Cloud Providers I read on google and it made me go through different tracks of AWS. I completed my third and final AWS Associate level certification on 27th Sept 2020. The Preparation journey was a mix of patience and restlessness as I had scheduled my exam but somewhere I was feeling if I will be able to meet the deadline. However, I motivated myself and finally when I saw my exam result I found hard work always pay you back.
Below are the steps I followed to prepare for Amazon Web Services Solution Architect Associate Certification Exam – SAA C02.
- I registered for my first training video course on learn.cantrill.io. I found the course content very nice especially the examples author has used in the course to describe various AWS services.
- Once completed I attempted practice tests present in the training course and found the gaps in my preparation.
- My Second course was from udemy.com. The practice questions are very well explained and also linked to the course videos wherever required.
- Once I was set with the theory and practice exams from training courses I decided to attempt mocks on the tutorials dojo. The same course is also present on udemy.com
- Frequently asked questions on Amazon Web Services official website are also very helpful aws.amazon.com
List of Services I found at most of the places in Real Exam
1. RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, Redshift: When to use as per availability, latency
2. S3 bucket policies: The Examples were simple majorly on EC2 and DynamoDB
3. Internet Gateway, VPC-Peering, Transit Gateway, Site-to-Site, Gateway Endpoint, interface endpoint: When to use and how to use. Which one is effective on the public internet and How to connect multiple VPCs and VPNs together
4. AWS organization and SCP: How to restrict the access present with AWS Admin role
6. IAM roles and IAM policies
7. Amazon S3 storage classes: Its usage, time to fetch the objects in each storage class, Use cases for each storage class.
8. S3 transfer acceleration and CloudFront
9. Amazon Route 53 as a DNS
10. Amazon Cloudwatch agent, cloud watch logs, cloud trail: When to use CloudWatch Agent, How to set up CloudTrails
11. AWS Shield and AWS WAF: Use cases and scenarios
12. NACL and Security Groups: When to use NACL and when to use Security groups
11. EC2 user data and metadata
12. Application load balancer, Classic load balancer, and Network load balancer: Which load balancing option to use for UDP
13. Amazon FSx, Elastic File System (EFS), Elastic Block Store (EBS), instance store
14. Different types of Elastic Block Storage: gp2, ioc1, sc1, st1
15. Different types of encryption and various scenarios to use them – KMS, CloudHSM, SSS-S3, SSS-C, server-side encryption, and client-side encryption
16. Relational and NoSQLs data storage options which include RDS , DynamoDB , Aurora and their use cases. Understand Read Replicas and Multi-AZ
17. Have a basic understanding of CloudFormation, OpsWorks
Other Exam Readiness Strategies
- Create a cheat sheet of all AWS services during your preparation and compare them with similar services used for achieving the same functionality. One example is Site-to-Site and AWS Direct Connect
- Utilize complete 130 minutes of your exam
- Follow the approach of removing wrong answers based on the keywords present in questions
- Mark for review those questions you are not sure about and come back later once you have attempted all the questions.
- Keep patience and stay calm.
- Crack the exam with flying colors.
All the best for the AWS Certification Exam SAA-C02.
Author: Jatin Goel is a cloud enthusiast. You can connect with him on LinkedIn for more assistance linkedin.com
Announcement from ReviewNPrep: Our Marketplace is live now. Check out AWS Solutions Architect SAA-C02 Practice exam with over 800 questions to help you pass this exam.