The certification exam mainly consists of two parts:
- The Lightning Web Components Superbadge
Let’s take a look at the important details of the exam right away!
- The exam will enable you to learn several new elements and acquire in-demand skills essential for a successful career.
- The certification allows you to discover innovative approaches and functions to make tasks easier.
Here are some of the most prominent skills and capabilities that you will develop by attaining the certification:
- You will enhance your analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You will gain a better understanding of the fundamental concepts of the programming language.
- You will become capable of designing, developing, and testing solutions that are maintainable, re-usable, and ensure optimum performance.
- You will learn to code effectively on the Salesforce platform.
These are some of the valuable skills and capabilities that individuals develop after taking the certification exam.
- Full-stack developer
- Front end developer
- Technical Project Manager
- UI/ UX Engineer
- Software/ back-end developer
- Web application developer
- Technical product manager
- Support Engineer
- Salesforce developer
Target Audience for the Exam
The certification exam is also intended for individuals who have prior experience, knowledge, and skills relating to Lightning Component Framework and the development of Lightning Web Components.
The target audience of the exam also includes all the individuals who are willing to pursue a developer career path in Salesforce. Moreover, individuals preparing to become system architects in the future are ideal candidates for the certification exam.
Web developers planning to make a career in the Salesforce ecosystem are also the ideal candidate for attaining the certification.
Also Read: Salesforce Beginner Guide in 2021
Eligibility Criteria for the Exam
Having certain relevant experience is recommended to make you a better candidate for the exam. It includes:
- At least six months of hands-on experience in using the Salesforce Lighting Platform.
However, these are not the mandatory requirements to appear for the certification exam. Each and every individual willing to take up the exam are eligible for it.
As a beginner, it is pretty normal to get panic after seeing the domains of the exam. However, it is possible to ace the exam through proper preparation.
To start your preparation for the exam, you first need to head to the official site and understand the exam and topics in detail. Then you need to prepare a schedule depending on the days left for the exam and start your preparation.
Make sure to use the online courses and self-study materials to increase your chances of success. Get to understand your strengths and weaknesses. According you need to divide time among the different topics in the exam.
- Learn from the Experts – Avail the help of the Salesforce experts and gain valuable tips and insights from them. The experience of the experts can provide you with a wealth of knowledge to ace the exam.
- Join the Community – Joining the community will allow you to collaborate and study with other candidates preparing for the exam. It can also help you find answers to your doubts and enhance your existing skills.
There are plenty of study resources available to prepare for the exam.
The online study materials include:
Other additional resources include:
- CLI commands
- Node.js API
- Web APIs
The vital information relating to the exam is as follows:
- The core content of the certification exam will consist of 60 multiple select or multiple-choice questions. It will also involve five non-qualified questions.
- The total time allotted for taking the examination is 105 minutes.
- To clear the certification exam, the candidates will have to score a minimum of 65% in the exam.
- The delivery option of the certification exam is online or on-site at the test centers.
- The candidates appearing for the exam are not allowed to use any kind of online or hard-copy materials during the examination.
- The results of the examinations are received immediately by the candidates.
While preparing for the Salesforce JavScript exam, you need to keep in mind all the above information about the exam. It will help you prepare better and succeed in the certification exam.
The domains covered in the exam include the different subject areas from which you are likely to get questions in the exam.
Variable, Types, and Collections – Weightage of 23%
- Demonstrate ability to write effective codes to create different variables and initialize them properly.
- Understand a given business requirement and utilize numbers, dates, and strings correctly.
- Demonstrate awareness of coercion type and its effects.
- Distinguish between false and true evaluations in a given scenario.
- Demonstrate understanding of data manipulation with different arrays.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of operating the JSON object.
Objects, Classes, and Functions – Weightage of 25%
- Demonstrate ability to locate best function implementation for a given business requirement.
- Apply object implementation fundamentals to solve a specific business requirement.
- Apply class implementation fundamentals to solve a given business requirement.
- Analyze execution flow and variable scope of a given block of code.
Browser and Events – Weightage of 17%
- Demonstrate ability to utilize event handlers, events, and propagation for a given business requirement.
- Demonstrate ability to manipulate and evaluate the DOM for a given business requirement.
- Demonstrate the ability to use Browser Dev tools for investigating code behavior.
- Demonstrate ability to use browser-specific APIs of a given business requirement and scenario.
Error Handling and Debugging – Weightage of 7%
- Demonstrate ability to handle errors in a given scenario properly.
- Demonstrate ability to debug a given code and use the breakpoints and console.
Asynchronous Programming – Weightage of 13%
- Demonstrate ability to apply concepts of asynchronous programming.
- Demonstrate ability to use event monitor and event loop in a given scenario.
- Demonstrate ability to determine the ideal Node.js implementation for a given scenario.
- Demonstrate ability to determine the ideal Node.js CLI command for a given scenario.
- Compare different Node.js package management solutions.
- Understand the Node.js modules and determine the ideal framework.
Testing – Weightage of 8%
- Determine the ineffectiveness of the test and modify it.
- Pace yourself for the actual exam as SF JS developer has some unique question types. For example – some of the questions require deductive reasoning. Few questions require analyzing a code snippet, understanding a complicated flow of execution, and providing the result of that execution. Do not spend a lot of time on a single question. Make sure to mark any that you are unsure about so you can check back later.
- Use the process of elimination, if you aren’t sure of the answer. Also, mark any that you are unsure about so you can check back later.
- Head to the official website.
- Search for the ‘Schedule Now’ button.
- If you have an account, simply log in using the right credentials. However, if you are new, create an account.
- Select the date you want to give the exam.
- Select the mode of delivery.
- Make the payment and get your exam scheduled.
Check out other salesforce practice exams:
Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant
Salesforce Platform App Builder
Salesforce Advanced Administrator