Cloud computing has become an important part of our lives. It has changed the way we use the internet. There are a number of reasons why you should learn cloud computing, and we explore them in this blog.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure Cloud, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), are dominating the cloud market. It goes without saying that Cloud computing has made the internet more accessible and made the world a smaller place. For example – now you can spin up a virtual machine in the USA, while sitting in India, and that too in under 5 mins. That’s the beauty of cloud!!
So, let’s get started on how you can start your career as a cloud engineer.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is a delivery model for computing resources that allow users to access those resources through the Internet. This model contrasts with the traditional client-server model, in which a computer is dedicated to a single user and is accessed through a network. In cloud computing, resources are shared among many users, who access them through a web browser or application.
Cloud computing is the ability to access electronic data and applications over the internet. This means that you can access your data and applications from anywhere, at any time.
What are some examples of Cloud Computing?
If you are one of the many users of Google free offerings like Gmail, Sheets, Photos, Google Docs, you are already using their cloud. All major streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu relies on cloud-computing services to run its its video-streaming service and its other business systems, too.
With a greater push towards providing Software As A Service (SaaS), companies no longer have to worry about the underlying infrastructure. Companies like Salesforce, Workday, Hubspot, all use cloud to serve their customers.
What are the benefits of Cloud Computing?
There are many advantages of cloud computing. Some of the benefits are as follows:
- Reduced Costs – Cloud computing services can reduce your costs by allowing you to use resources from multiple providers instead of using a single provider. Cost savings can be enormous if you follow the best practices for spinning up your compute resources.
- Increased Flexibility – Cloud computing allows you to increase your flexibility by allowing you to access your data and applications when and where you need them.
- Increased Productivity – Cloud solutions can increase your productivity by allowing you to access your data and applications from anywhere, at any time.
- Increased Security – Cloud computing can increase your security by allowing you to securely access your data and applications from anywhere. The shared responsibility model for cloud infrastructure benefits the businesses not think about physical security of the provisioned resources.
- Increased Agility – Cloud computing services can provide organizations with increased agility by providing them with the ability to quickly and easily deploy applications and services.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint – Cloud technology can help businesses reduce their carbon footprint and energy consumption by relying on cloud providers state of the art data centers and latest technology used to drive innovations.
- Faster Innovation – Cloud computing has made the internet more reliable and faster, making it easier to access information, be productive, and stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends. You can do faster proof of concepts by spinning up various cloud environments at fraction of a cost.
Reasons to Learn Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is a growing industry that offers many benefits for businesses. But as an employee, a career in cloud computing can be equally beneficial for you. Below are some reasons for you to get on to the cloud bandwagon.
- Flexibility for Developers – One of the main benefits of cloud computing is the flexibility it provides. Cloud developers can work from anywhere and access the same resources as employees in the company’s headquarters.
- Six Figure Salary – The salary for a cloud developer depends on the experience and skill set required. A skilled cloud developer with five years of experience can expect to earn a salary of $100,000 per year. If you have hybrid cloud experience and have knowledge of multiple cloud service providers, expect a salary of no less than $150,000.
- More Jobs – Cloud developers are in high demand and there is a growing demand for cloud-based solutions. Cloud computing has made the internet more reliable and faster, making it easier to access information, be productive, and stay up to date with the latest technology trends. This has led to an increase in the number of jobs available in the field of cloud computing, as well as an increase in salary potential.
- Challenging Field – Cloud computing can be challenging to learn, because it is a new and rapidly evolving field. But with the right motivation and effort, it can be a rewarding field. Hybrid cloud model is the future of technology and knowing about multiple cloud service providers is quite challenging.
- Build your own startup – Cloud computing has made it possible for startups to quickly create and test new products. Now you can use the same resources as big companies and at fraction of a cost of that associated with the traditional data centers. With cloud-based solutions, startups can quickly get products to market and learn from customer feedback.
What are the Best Cloud Cloud Computing Courses?
It is important to find the right cloud computing course that fits your needs and goals. There are many resources available to help you learn cloud computing.
The best way to become a cloud engineer is via certification exams. You can decide to choose between AWS or Azure. We wrote a blog on AWS vs Azure, to compare and contrast and help you decide which cloud provider one should start learning. Check out ReviewNPrep Marketplace for Cloud resources to help you get started.
Related Blog: AWS vs Azure – Which Cloud Provider To Start Learning?
Once you have found the right cloud computing course, it is important to learn how to use cloud computing in your business. Nothing beats hands-on experience – it will help you retain the knowledge better.
Related Blog: Check Out These Cloud Interview Questions
Having a cloud certification makes your resume more marketable. It shows the employer that you are a serious candidate and gives you an edge when compared to non-certification holders.
Cloud computing is a great way to improve your productivity and business efficiency. Businesses that are able to successfully adopt cloud computing will be able to reap the benefits of its many advantages. Cloud computing is a rapidly growing field that is constantly changing. It has the potential to challenge many traditional business models and has the potential to create new opportunities for businesses.
Cloud computing has revolutionized the way we use the internet. The question is – Will you be a part of this revolution!